Happy Fourth Everyone!!
We can’t believe July is already here! It has definitely been one hot summer so far, so as July commences don’t forget water and sunscreen! If you don’t have any plans, it’s time to make some. Don’t waste your days sitting inside all day, get out and be active ITS SUMMER! Here are some fun ideas and events happening throughout July (will update accordingly):
July 4th: INDEPENDENCE DAY!
- Fourth of July at the Zoo: Military Receive Free Admission! – Potter Park Zoo
- The city of Lansing will be starting their parade at 11:00 am at the capitol
- Fireworks will be at Adado Riverfront Park starting at 8:00 pm with a performance by the Lansing Concert Band with fireworks immediately following.
- MSU Observatory: Join us for our first public night of July! View astronomical objects through the MSU Observatory’s main telescope and several smaller telescopes on our front lawn! @ 9:30pm
- MSU Observatory: Join us for our second public night of July! View astronomical objects through the MSU Observatory’s main telescope and several smaller telescopes on our front lawn! @ 9:30pm
- National Fried Chicken/ Hop-a-park Day: Go out and enjoy the sun with friends a family with some yummy chicken!
July 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th
- East Lansing Farmers Market: 10:00am-2:00pm – Address: Valley Court Park 280 Valley Court East Lansing, MI
- Eaton County Fair – Address: 1025 S. Cochran Charlotte, MI
- Summer Music Series – Showdown: 6:00pm-8:00pm -Eastwood Towne Center: 3003 Preyde Blvd. Lansing, MI
- Music in the Garden: Piano and Voice: start at 7:00pm – Address: 330 W. Circle Dr. (adjacent to the MSU Library), MSU Campus East Lansing, MI
- Grand Concert Series: 6:00 pm – Address: 333 E. Michigan Ave. Lansing, MI
- Moonlight Film Festival: 9:30pm every Thursday in July (11,18,25) – Address: 280 Valley Court East Lansing, MI
- Old Town Scrapfest – Address: 1232 Turner St. Lansing, MI
- Made in Michigan on the Michigan Princess: 11:30am-2:30pm – Address: Grand River Park Lansing, MI
- MSU Moonfest: Through the 21st, check Abrams Planetarium for hours – Address: 755 Science Rd. East Lansing, MI
- Animal Enrichment Event – Just Chillin’ with the Animals: 1:00pm-3:00pm – Potter Park Zoo Address: 1301 S. Pennsylvania Ave. Lansing, MI
- Ladies Only: Paddle & wine: 6:00pm-9:00pm – River Town Adventures Address: 325 City Market Dr. Lansing, MI
- Paddle Board & Kayak rentals: $30 each, Bring your own: $20
- Car Capital Auto Show: 9:00am-3:00pm – Address: 240 Museum Dr. Lansing, MI
- Pet Portrait Make and Take: 2:00pm-6:00pm – ATL Printing Co Address: 1139 S. Washington Ave. Lansing, MI – $65
- Summer Splash – East Lansing: 11:30am-6:00pm – East Lansing Family Aquatic Center Address: 6400 Abbot Rd. East Lansing, MI
- Regular admission applies
- Lansing Lugnuts Baseball vs. South Bend Cubs & Summer Fun Day: Through August 2nd starting: 12:05pm – Cooley Law School Stadium Address: 505 E. Michigan Ave. Lansing, MI
- Lansing Regional Chamber Grub Crawl: 5:00pm-8:00am – REO Town Commercial Association Address: South Washington Avenue Lansing, MI
- Admission: $20
- Summer Stage Under the Stars 2019: DANCE Lansing: Through August 2nd starting 7:00pm – Lansing Community College Performing Arts Address: 411 N. Grand Ave. Lansing, MI
Please be safe when setting off your own fireworks. Also, don’t forget to keep your pets safe and secure while fireworks are being set off.